Friday, October 12, 2007

The Late Late Rock Show


So right now I am listening to the radio. A one night indie rock show recently got upped to a nightly show from 10-1am (I believe). It's a pretty big thing for an indie music radio show to get big enough to become a daily thing. I used to just listen in the summer when it came on Saturday nights. I haven't listened since they got promoted. But lo and behold tonight they have my favorite local band Mae on. They recently lost two of their band members so I'm still in shock of the news.

Anywho! this week has been really long. I have mentioned that I was hanging out with a friend of my older brother. But it felt weird so I am not going to keep it going. He would make a great comedian though.

I also had a huge issue with my math teacher. She didn't like the fact that I leave her class to go to Governor's School and I have been struggling in her class since school started. I have thought long and hard about dropping the class academic wise but after I had this issue and had a panic attack in the middle of school -- it was the last straw for me and I dropped it. I'm sorry but if someone, especially someone I should look up to, makes me cry they've lost all my trust. SO now I don't have class at all at Kellam on B days but I still go to GSA in the afternoon. So yeah everyone is tres jalouse de moi. I don't know if that was proper french, OH well.

I went to see another one of my favorite bands Thursday night after GSA. I met up with my friend Jordan and we went to Kelly's Tavern for dinner. The most fattening dinner I've had in a long time. We played my best game of pool ever-- I beat him! I am really bad at pool so I'm actually thinking he let me win. We got in through the backstage and the turnout didn't seem to be that great but my impression was soon proved wrong. We were front and center. The first band wasn't that great. The second was The Helio Sequence and it was a drummer and a guitarist who sang. The drummer has tourettes and I admit I laughed at first but someone mentioned that he has tourettes. So I was like wow good for him playing that drums! However some kids behind us were making fun of him the entire time.. Minus the Bear was amazing though. They played all my favorite songs. I was so tired driving home and this morning I woke up with the worst neck pain. It has yet to go away. I'm worried that it won't. I guess its the price I pay for seeing a great band live.

Tomorrow I am waking up bright and early at the lovely time of 5am to drive to Richmond to visit the VCU campus. I'm so excited. The weather is finally cold and I can wear my scarves. I really hope I get into VCU. It's in the midst a of big bustling city and I'm sure I will bring back so many pictures! My mom is driving there but I'll probably drive back. I am really glad she is enthusiastic about this trip. She is usually so negative about things. Thank god she has her friend Tricia. Tricia has ben dragging her out a couple nights this week to have some fun, that she desperately needs. I love that woman.

No comments: