Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a health nut!

I've always been raised to eat healthy. My dad was the major influence on this. Let me put it to you this way-- my mom was afraid to bring soda into the house when she first wanted to leave my dad. This doesn't mean I've never strayed to junk food or unhealthy foods in my whole life. But I do prefer to eat healthy full meals and drink water and tea and juice.

I recently have ripped out a few pages of my magazines and taped them to my wall next to my desk. They are to remind me of good healthy eating tips and how to choose the best foods for my body and to keep up energy as a dancer.

Surprisingly my mom allowed me to get the foods I chose when we went to the store tonight. She usually just buys the cheapest of the brands because our budget is so tight. I bought apples, bananas, Kashi granola, granola bars & cereal, trail mix, and wheat crackers (the best we could find which isn't what I was really looking for).

I feel very accomplished.

No comments: