Sunday, December 2, 2007

Giving Back and Staying Broke

I worked at the portrait studio for the first time in a week. I finally talked to my manager and she told me they have me on a floating schedule. I'm not exactly thrilled at this; I need a schedule, it's the way my life works. Needless to say I am looking for a second job..

I babysat today for the first time in quite a few years. I went straight from work to babysitting. I did meet this lady online on a babysitting website and she is absolutely normal, even a little cool. I made $25.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight to buy much needed chapstick and my Angel Tree gift. I bought this little blue dress and a t-shirt and yoga pant set. I spent around $22.

So I earned money and then I gave back.
How gratifying it is to be broke..
:)


On a different note, I got a free ticket to see a show at the NorVa friday and I am really glad I didn't have to pay for it. Brand New was the headliner and they have always been one of my top favorite bands. I actually had tickets to see them about 4 years ago but never got the chance. I now wish I had seen them then instead of now because I enjoy their older music more than their newer stuff. They played one old song and the rest was new songs.

Anyways, the other bands playing were MeWithoutYou, who were kinda blah, and Thrice, who I've seen 2 times before when I was more into them a couple years ago but could really care less for now. The worst thing about the show was that during Thrice, the set change between, and Brand New I was squished from all sides thanks to the retards pushing at the back of the crowd. I was in the second row of people from the front barricade.

I was so pissed off at the people and the security guards for their lack of help or acknowledgment of the problem that I didn't enjoy the music at all. I e-mailed the NorVa with my complaint concluding the fact that I am seriously thinking of never coming there again, because I've never had to tolerate that shit. It's really sad that they don't care about the safety of their guests, especially when they could definitely get sued for someone passing out from their lungs being collapsed.

No comments: