Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's "see you later"

I just got home from driving in this terrible weather of rain, wind and cold. I had the most depressing goodbye of my life with one of the most amazing persons I have ever known.

I have never had this sort of event occur in my life; the one where a friend moves away. I remember the first day I talked to Erik on the bus ride home from GSA and I'm so glad I sat by him that day.

I know it's not goodbye forever. But I could not help the tears that streamed down my face as I drove home tonight.

Through all the changes in the past year he has been a constant positive force like sunshine on a cloudy day.

I love you honey and I'm so happy for everything that is happening in your life right now! I can't wait to share another adventure with you someday in the future.

2 comments:

Cedric Benetti said...

I think this story is the sadest so far. What is a cigarette case compared to a beloved friend?

you can replace the box (though i*ve never seen an eiffel tower cigarette case, but i will keep an eye out for it;) but never the friendship

Mademoiselle Soleil said...

you're right but it's just the mere fact that i was thoughtless enough to not lock my doors to the car my grandparents paid for or the fact that my mom had spent a lot of money on the ipod and i treasured that CD..

i miss Erik more than any of that though. So what you say is true.