Saturday, June 9, 2007

Governor's School for the Arts

The graduation was something I had never experienced. I watched my fellow dancers and other various freinds walk in wearing their gowns and immediately become sentimental. I knew this would happen. I laughed at every speech and agreed in practically every word they said. I gave standing ovations after every performance. They are truly talented people. I started to tear up during the dance performance especially after Beau's speech. I thought "Wow I'm never going to dance with these people again. I will never have those rehearsals and classes back where we laughed so hard. That day where we all sat on top of the garage and watched the sun set over Norfolk. Those horrible Pat Sorrell classes haha" Oh gosh I'm crying now. The people graduating at the ones I've looked up to, for most of my three years at GSA. I've never met anyone like them. Next year I will be leaving. I'm so scared now. I know for a fact that I will be extremely sad to leave this place and all my friends. I'm going to cherish next year with them. I think we are all realizing that time is soon running out.

This has been the best GSA year so far. My award was "Back in the Game". It was my first nice award. I felt the seniors truely believed in me this year. It made me feel so good. They are such wonderful people. Next year won't be the same without Beau, Laura, Kate, Courtney, Trae, Hilary, Megan, Shelby, Kyleena and Ginny in the studio.

No comments: