Thursday, November 22, 2007

I feel the need to put my opinion somewhere.

I just saw a myspace bulletin about our troops and comparing our complaints to their daily lives overseas, telling me to repost if I support the troops like if I didn't it meant that I don't.

I support my country and I'm proud to be an American citizen. However, I am for peace not war. If we didn't have a war they wouldn't be over there and wouldn't have to be dealing with the things they deal with everyday.

This is the point I tried to prove in my english class last year and got bombarded by ignorant assholes and called expatriotic and told to leave the country. As my government teacher says: the way we deal with our foreign policy is a step above gangs.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I'm thankful to be able to spend it with my family today.

2 comments:

Peter A. Stinson said...

You have that right. It is possible to "support the troops" and not support the war. I'd even go so much as to say that not funding the war, as Congress has recently done, isn't not supporting the troops (as the President has said it is), but not supporting the President's policies. Two different things. Some people can't hold such contradictions in their mind. They see things as either/or when the world is anything but.

Keep on. & keep on thinking for yourself.

Mademoiselle Soleil said...

Thank You!