Monday, July 30, 2007

Just a wee update :]

So my car pretty much died Saturday while I was on my way to the mall after work with Annabel and Erik. I was depressed the rest of the day. I had to take my mom's van and did some pity shopping and eating. I've been unhappy for the past couple days. I'm feeling a little better now. That cute boy John from work has been nice enough to give me rides. Today it was pouring down cat, dogs, mooses, camels.. you name it. So when we got to work we stayed in the break room for half an hour until they announced the park was closed. Then our team came in and we had a round robin of "introduce yourself" because Nigel says we're not as tight as last year's team. Then after a discussion of a party at some girl's house later, I got both Jeff's and John's number. Sweet deal.

I took my mom back to work and then drove to Bailey's hair place only to find it's closed on Mondays.. So I went over to Twist Salon and made an appointment for 3pm because I really want to get it done with. I got some Starbucks and now I'm just waiting..

I feel more comfortable at work now. I'm kind of glad Nigel made us do the whole group introduction thing. I also think my car getting fucked and having John give me rides has brought me closer to the team too. I am so glad I finally feel a little more comfortable at work.

I had my first save(s) yesterday too! I did everything right and the kid was fine. I forgot to ask him to stick around for the supervisor to check him out but it's ok. I was so shaky afterwards though. I'm glad it's over with. I think it's good that I was so ready even if I started working there a month ago.

I haven't seen Bailey in like a week. I miss her so much. She's getting her license tomorrow. I'm so proud of her. She's like the little sister I've never had. She's going to be the number one person I'm going to miss when I leave after high school. I'm sad that this is my last year I'll see any of my friends for the longest time.. I am ready to treasure every last moment with them. I'm already missing the ones who are leaving soon and going to be leaving me within the next 6 months..

I have a feeling that this year I'm going to be going solo again. My dating pattern continues.. Single one year, taken at some point the next year.. It's crazy to think that if I hadn't dated Ryan I would have been single for almost 2 years. Some people find it funny that I'm like that but really .. my mom has been single for more than a couple years now.. She scares me some times with the stuff she says.. like "I went to school, got good grades, graduating college early and look where I am.. My brother was a drug dealer and took years to get his shit together, and he's got a great job and a gorgeous family and house. I guess doing well in school doesn't really matter.. I just hope you don't end up like me. Be careful who you marry and make sure they have a good job."

I hope I don't end up like her either...

No comments: