Friday, May 25, 2007

Time for peace I swear it


I woke up and the birds were singing. Finally, spring time! It put a smile on my face even though I had no ciggarette to enjoy while I sat in my backyard. I always daydream of going about just laying out in the sunshine and having a good time, drugs or no. I have fallen in love with the hippie era. I want peace and a good time. I've been listening to the Forest Gump soundtrack for some time now and I can't get enough. I love every tv show and movie and book that comes from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I swear if I had a past life, I was alive then. I was probably a hippie. I laugh at this, as I'm sure you do as well, but I can only feel it in my bones. I feel it like the happiness I get when I dance. This doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a dirty, Marley-loving, pothead. I'm not saying I hate any of those things either.
I just don't think our era really has defined itself yet. Back in those days, they had war and freedom to fight for. The Civil Rights movement changed this country to this day. They had importance in their lives whether felt it or not. I don't feel importance in mine. They say 9/11 has shaped our futures and impacted us. I cried when it happened because it was so tragic. But I didn't know anything about it. Six years later I finally know about it. Mr. Christman says this War on Terrorism will not be over till our kids are grown. Maybe that is true. Sadly, I don't know if I believe it because I don't really have a stand on it. I don't feel that it has impacted me yet, or that I have felt it's impact yet.

I want to make something of myself and do something great. I'm not sure exactly what yet.. but I haven't had the greatest resources to fully apply myself. You could say I'm not sincere about this since I am making excuses but I would have if I knew exactly what I wanted. I'm not just writing a bunch of crap.

Speaking of crap..
I was watching the show So You Think You Can Dance? and Nigel, the producer, said " That was sort of like crunk and tapping. So do you call it crapping?"

A little of my sense of humour for you..

No comments: