Friday, May 18, 2007

Beauty in the Breakdown

So I did dedicate this blog to a certain man. Today he said something to me, with his usual wisdom, that struck a strong chord within me.

I need to work on my people skills.

I'm noticing now how much I don't get along with people. I recently lost four of my close friends because they had been basically fake friends. I'm reassessing everything in my life esentially. However these friends were not exactly part of that; it sort of just happened. It has not taken very well with me. I have started relying on my fellow Governor's School friends, maybe perhaps too much. I thought they would better understand me and we'd have more in common.

Nevertheless I was wrong, as I usually am, about people..

I guess I've regressed in a sense.. I used to be without any friends then I gained self-esteem and found friendship.. Now It's gone again. I never thought I'd feel like this again. I do know a variety of people but they are mere aquaintences and the ones I wish I was closer to, are so far away or already have enough friends.

Maybe I deserve this. But I still have some hope that I am still a good person and I deserve as much as anyone else does.. it's a small percent but somewhere there still lies hope.

No comments: