Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Loving Memory of Mr. Eric

One of my first dance teachers passed away on January 9th of this year from lung cancer. He is the reason I am so hard working. The reason I moved on to become a better dancer. He was an inspiration as well as a respected father-like figure for me. I went to one of my very first funeral/memorial services today. Its amazing how many people love him, how many people showed up. There were people standing up in the back and hardly a spot left in the parking lot. I forgot how big a heart he had, how much sense of humour he had, how much he loved to laugh. I cried so much. I called in late to work because I had to stay, I couldn't leave, I needed the closure. I just wanted to give him a hug, to see him one last time. I am verging tears just writing this. I never got to say goodbye. I never got to say how much I appreciated him. I wish I could have one last conversation with him. I remember the way his voice sounds, his little isms about him.. I remember him so vividly. I still can't believe he's gone. He was such a big part of my growing up and he instilled a love of dance in me. He had so much passion for it.

I'll miss you Mr. Eric.
You'll always be in my heart.
& I'll never forget you.

No comments: